BIOINFORMATICS SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (JOB OFFER)
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an innovative centre created in December 2000 and located in the Barcelona Biomedical Research Park (PRBB). The mission of the CRG is to promote excellent basic research in biomedicine, cutting-edge technology development and high quality training of the next generation of scientists.
CRG has a highly international culture and the working language is English.
For more information visit our website http://www.crg.es
Working in the Information and Communications Technology Department, the responsibility is to manage the service calls from the users of the Bioinformatics platforms.Likewise, it is also his/her responsibility to support any user –whether laboratory or researcher, showing specific needs within his/her competence scope.
The main tasks of the Bioinformatics systems Administrator are the following:
Solving, either directly or through external suppliers, those incidents that may arise in the different bioinformatics platforms available at the CRG. Managing the equipment and the operating systems. Management of the CPU storage.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computing or similar degree, is required. Any additional technical education/training, related with the requested profile, will be appreciated.
- Minimum of five-year’s demonstrable experience as a Linux/Unix in Red Hat basis.
- Experience in professional environments similar to that of the CRG will be appreciated, especially in genomics and proteomics biomedicine research. Additional references will beappreciated.
- An advanced level of English, both spoken and written, is indispensable. A medium level ofSpanish, spoken and written is also indispensable. Catalan, spoken and written, will be appreciated.
- Minimum of three-year’ as administrator of: o Apache.o MySql.
o SGE and/or other cues systems.
o Knowledge of PNFS / CFIS will be an advantage.
- Minimum of three-year’ experience in Linux applications.
- Minimum of three-year’ experience in High Performance Computing.
- Knowledge of SAN and NAS nets will be positively valued.
- Knowledge of programming scripting languages, mainly perl, php, bash shell in general) andpython.
- Basic knowledge of hardware.
- Knowledge of administration and implementation of virtual settings.
- Experience in professional environments similar to that of the CRG will be appreciated,especially in genomics and proteomics biomedicine research. Additional references will beappreciated.
- An advanced level of English, both spoken and written is indispensable. A medium level ofSpanish and Catalan will be appreciated.
Please submit your applications to the following email address, indicating the offer reference in the subject message:email@example.com;Centre de Regulació Genòmica (CRG), Dr Aiguader 88, 08003 Barcelona, Spain