I'm interested in linking Biosciences research to WWW.
I presently work on setting up different webservices at CRG's Bioinformatics Core Facility, so we can enable an easier usage of the applications and datasets generated in this centre among different researchers who may benefit from.
I'm in charge of the site administration of this website.
- Scientific Webmaster. Bioinformatics Core Facility (current)
Web developer and sysadmin (02/2008 to 01/2009)
- I was in charge of Softcatalà's new site creation and migration from a static schema to a collaborative dynamic environment.
Web developer (06/2007 to 01/2008)
- I was involved in applying different Web 2.0 technologies to career recruiting (microsummaries, feeds, etc.). I managed web scraping and data interchange from several partner sites.
PhD Scholarship holder (10/2002 to 05/2007)
- Data mining and database management (MySQL) of Bioinformatics IBB lab.
- Creation of web applications for retreiving biological data: TrSDB (http://bioinf.uab.cat/trsdb), ArchDB (http://sbi.imim.es/archdb), ByPass (http://bioinf.uab.cat/bypass)
- Protein studies on phylogeny, taxonomy and classification.
- Discovery of a new metallocarboxypeptidase subfamily thanks to own bioinformatical methodologies.
- Molecular modeling of carboxypeptidase proteins through improving of alignments manually and with HMM, and subsequent usage of MODELLER package.
Education and experience
- B.Sc. Biochemistry, UAB (finished July 2002)
- M.Sc. Biotechnology, UAB (2005)